Martha D. Saunders is known as a skilled educator, a successful university president, an esteemed educational professional, and an active fundraiser, board member, and director of various scholastic efforts, colleges, and disciplines. If this were not enough, Martha also adds to this long list of successfully mastered positions: esteemed public speaker, campaign director for communication campaigns, as well as published author.
Martha D. Saunders, Author
Saunders has a long list of published articles, books, and book contributions to add credit to her name as author. Here is just a snippet of Martha D. Saunders’ prowess as author:
- Saunders, M.D. (2011). Sustaining Sustainability. In M. Fennell & S. Miller (Eds.), Presidential Perspectives: A Higher Education Presidential Thought Leadership Series (7.1 –7.5). Aramark Higher Education. From http://www.presidentialperspectives.org/
- Saunders, M.D. (2003). Patterns of conflict preceding crisis. In D.P. Millar and R.L. Heath (Eds.), Responding to Crisis: A rhetorical approach to crisis communication (pp. 139-149). Mahweh, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Saunders, M.D. (1992). Eastern’s Armageddon: Labor Conflict and the Destruction of Eastern Airlines. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group.
- Saunders, M.D. (Summer 2009). Recollections of a Restless Reader. The Mississippi Reading Journal, (9), 23-24.
- Saunders, M.D. (2006). Eastern Airlines. In C.R. Geisst (Ed.), The Encyclopedia of American Business History, Volume I (pp.131-132). New York: Facts On File, Inc.
Martha D. Saunders, Public Speaker
It should be no surprise that Saunders is also a skilled communicator, having taught as Professor of Communications for so many years. To this end, of particular highlight are the following public speeches:
- Saunders, Martha Dunagin (1998, July 15). Leaving more than footprints in the sand. Vital Speeches of the Day, 607-608.
- Saunders, Martha (1994, January 15). Learn to Listen. Vital Speeches of the Day, 11-12.
Martha D. Saunders, Campaign Director
Martha D. Saunders has also served as Campaign Director for major well-known communication campaigns to include the following:
- Saunders, M.D. (2007 – 2010). (Campaign Director). “The Southern Miss Story: Enriching the Brand of a Research University Through A Centennial Celebration.” National winner, Silver Anvil Award, Public Relations Society of America 2011.
- Saunders, M.D. (Campaign Director) & Groth, T. (Creative Manager) (1993-96). “Just 2 It!” Public Safety Communication Campaign.